Kids Can! Cook Camp - K - 5 (Session 1)
Time & Location
About The Event
Cooking camp is especially designed for children, kindergarten thru fifth grade, to learn new hands-on skills and have fun on the farm. Each day we will head out to the garden to pick produce and learn about growing our food. Next, the children will play in the kitchen, preparing lunch for each other. In between, there will be games, crafts and more as they learn about nature, farming, and culinary skills they will be able to use at home.
Note from Caitlin Kleinpaste, Kids Camp Director:
Camp is going to be a ton of fun this year, just like every year, but it will look a little different than it has in the past. Here are the basics of what we will be doing to curb the spread of COVID-19:
1. Camp will take place outdoors and in the big barn, where social distancing is more possible.
2. Campers will be divided into small groups that are focused on keeping siblings and friends together, as these are people who are likely to already have contact with one another. Groups will stay the same through the week with the same camp counselor.
3. We will be adjusting our menus to allow for foods that can all be cooked outside and so that each person or small group only eats what they make. Prep work will be done as individuals.
4. Staff will continue to monitor CDC and state guidelines and follow the most rigorous recommendations. There may be more changes made as the recommendations come out.
Parents, as we are preparing for camp we will need some help from you.
1. If your child has been exposed to COVID-19 in the past two weeks, please keep them home and contact us.
2. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if your child has friends attending camp, so we can be sure to group them together.
3. Please email us to let us know if your child has any food allergies.
As a preview, here are just a few of the options that we're considering for our 3 camps this year:
- Carnival foods
- Campfire pies
- Wood-fired pizzas
- Foraging (always a favorite)
- Campfire foil packets
Thank you so much for understanding and working with us to make camp fun and safe for everyone! We're really looking forward to seeing you all there.
Kids' Camp Chaos Coordinator
- Kids Can! Camp K-5 (Session 1)$180$1800$0